The Dekas Lab values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to advance these concepts in the geosciences through our hiring practices, our educational activities, and our behavior on and off campus. We welcome applicants of all ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions and personal backgrounds.
Prospective postdocs should contact Anne to inquire about open positions, and are encouraged to secure their own funding. Possibilities include:
- Simons Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship in Marine Microbial Ecology
- NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship
- NSF Ocean Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship
- NSF Biology Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Agouron Geobiology Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Stanford Science Fellows Program
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (for members of underrepresented groups)
- California Alliance Postdoctoral Fellowship (for members of underrepresented groups)
- Stanford Earth Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (for members of underrepresented groups)
Prospective graduate students should apply to the Earth System Science Department. Prospective students are encouraged to contact Anne via email to introduce themselves before applying.
Prospective graduate students are also encouraged to apply for graduate fellowships.
- NSF Graduate Student Fellowship (GRFP)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NDSEG)
- Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology (FINESST)
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship Award
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship (for members of underrepresented groups)
- Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program (for women)
Prospective undergraduate researchers should contact Anne to inquire about open positions. Summer opportunities for undergraduates are available through the following programs:
- Stanford Earth Summer Undergraduate Research (SESUR) Program (for Stanford undergrads)
- Stanford Summer Undergraduate Research in Geoscience and Engineering (SURGE) Program (for members of underrepresented groups)